General Terms and Conditions
- The following General Terms and Conditions (GTC) are an integral part of the utilization of all our services.
- The following conditions as amended from time to time are applicable to future deliveries and services rendered without being re-issued to the user every time.
- Every user has sole responsibility for the content that is transmitted by our service, and thus releases Mitting UG (haftungsbeschränkt) from any responsibility in this connection.
- Mitting UG (haftungsbeschränkt) reserves the right to modify the GTC at any time without prior notice.
§2 Services / Termination
- Our service is free of charge.
- A contract based on these GTC comes about with the utilization of this service.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or change our free service at any time, without the user having recourse to claim damages. We don't give any guarantees for the constant availability or proper functioning nor for uninterrupted use and availability of this service. Utilization of the service is undertaken on your own responsibility and at your own risk. We do not assume any liability for unforeseen incidents. Any possible claims for damages from the user’s side are ruled out.
§3 Description of Services
- We provide only free transmission of files via the internet. We assume no liability for either the content of the transmitted files nor the accompanying texts.
- Banner ads will be shown during the up- and downloading to finance the service.
- We strive to ensure constant availability of the service. However, there is no possibility of laying claim to constant availability.
- The free services and support supplied to the participants via e-mail, telephone or similar are provided on a voluntary basis. There is no entitlement to them.
§4 Participants’ Rights and Obligations
- The participant pledges not to transmit any material that infringes on the rights of third parties or that violates any laws.
- We assume no responsibility for possible damage or loss of the transmitted data, the user has sole responsibility for backing up the data.
- Mitting UG (haftungsbeschränkt) takes the protection of personal data very seriously and strictly observes the provisions of the privacy protection laws. Personal data are only collected on this website within the scope of what is technically required. In no instance are the collected data sold or provided to third parties for any other reason.
- file2send gathers and stores the information your browser transmits to us automatically in the server’s log
In detail these are:
- Browser type and version
- The OS utilized
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page)
- IP address of the accessing computer
- The time of the visit to file2send
- To function properly, the service requires personal information (your name and the recipient's name) and the message to be sent to be saved to a database. Only we can access this information, and it is not passed on to third parties.
- The files to be sent are handled with the utmost confidentiality. It is not possible for us to identify the file name or its format without conducting research. The stored uploads are deleted regularly as a matter of course. In addition, the recipient is also given the option of deleting the file from the server after the download. Without being bidden to do so, we would never check the files nor their contents on the server, pass them on to third parties nor utilize them ourselves for any reason.
- Mitting UG (haftungsbeschränkt) does assumes no liability for damages resulting from downloading harmful files from our website. The GbR cannot be held liable for the transmission of viruses or other damaging files. The sender alone bears the responsibility for it.
- With a decision dated May 12, 1998 - 312 O 85/98 – Liability for Links – the District Court of Hamburg stated that one might be held responsible for the content of linked sites. This can only be prevented by expressly distancing oneself from that content. Mitting UG (haftungsbeschränkt) hereby expressly distances itself from all contents of linked sites, despite rigorous scrutiny thereof.